Dialogue Peer Educator Program
Are you interested in:
- Working for social change on campus?
- Growing your facilitation skills?
- Helping other students challenge their biases and assumptions?
- Meeting other students who share a passion for social justice?
The Dialogue Initiative and Office of Global Engagement would like to invite you to apply to become a Dialogue Peer Educator (DPE) and receive a $750 award!
As a DPE you will be trained to facilitate student-designed dialogue-based workshops on topics such as social identities, communicating across difference, listening for understanding, among others. Once trained, you will be equipped to lead customized workshops for campus communities, such as student organizations, courses, and residence halls. You will receive a $750 (pre-tax) award for your participation in the Fall 2022 term, with the possibility of continuing on in the Spring 2023 semester.
Undergraduate, graduate, international and domestic students are welcome to apply.
As this program is a partnership with the Office of Global Engagement, we want to extend a special invitation to our international students to apply to join us. An international student is defined as anyone studying at an institution of higher education in the U.S. on a temporary visa that allows for academic coursework. These include primarily holders of F (student) visas and J (exchange visitor) visas. Students in F-1 or J-1 status should understand that participation in the Dialogue Peer Educator Program is equivalent to on-campus employment at approximately 3 hours per week. If selected, you must ensure that your total hours of on-campus employment do not exceed 20 per week during the fall and spring semesters. Questions about your on-campus employment eligibility can be directed to the Office of International Services.
Program Requirements Heading link
- Participate in 7.5 hours of training early in fall semester
- Facilitate 2-3 workshops in the Fall 2022 term
- Attend regular meetings with DPE team members throughout the term (date/time to be determined based on participants schedules)
We hope you will consider applying to join us!